Our strategy: the key strategic thrust is to be a leading coal miner with a sustainable resource base and a coal trading operation.
- Acquisition of Keaton Energy’s Vanggatfontein operating colliery and various other assets.
- Current coal resources well in excess of 300 million tonnes, four operating mines, four processing plants and significant interests in coal supply chain infrastructure.
- Revenue contribution:
- Mining division 65%,
- Trading division 35%
- ROM production 6.8 million tonnes
- Coal resources 300 million tonnes
- Coal sales 6.5 million tonnes
- Life of mine more than 10 years
- 166 employees and 1 845 contractors
- BEE ownership over 51%